OK, so it's early February. It's a weekend. The weather outside is, for once,
simply stunning: unseasonably warm and sunny. It's actually been like that
for several days in a row, so we decide to get outside and ...
see some redwoods. Yep, you heard that right. On the theory that:
we decide to:
- the ground may have had a chance to dry out some,
- it really is quite warm, and
- we doubt the kids have any good memories yet of redwoods,
in this case,
Redwoods State Park. What a way to revive our "fun days" tradition, huh?
It sure was gorgeous, though!
- get the kids up from a long, late nap,
- leave in mid-afternoon, feeding them in the car,
- drive for far too long on narrow twisty mountain roads, and
- arrive after 4:00 in a deep, damp, chilly canyon,
Click on any image below to start the slide show at that point: